Our client was charged with sexual assault after the complainant went to police alleging 2 incidents of sexual contact without consent at parties in our client’s residence when our client was intoxicated. Despite some weaknesses in the Crown’s case, Crown Counsel would not agree to drop the charges. We set the matter for trial and continued to lobby Crown to drop the charges. Finally, on the morning of trial, agreeing there was no hope of obtaining a conviction, Crown counsel dropped the charges against our client. RESULT: No criminal conviction, no criminal record
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.