Our client’s ex-girlfriend alleged that our client engaged in non-consensual sexual behavior with him on 2 separate occasions despite her refusal. Our client followed our advice very closely regarding his dealings with the police and in pursuing some counselling prior to the matter even being set for trial. We delayed the case for 4 months and provided the Crown with a letter from the counsellor, together with several good reference letters attesting to our client’s good character. We requested that the Crown drop the charge against our client and they agreed. RESULT: No criminal record
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.