Our client was involved in a serious car accident all caught on video. She blew a “Fail” on the roadside screening device and, 2 hours later, her blood alcohol reading at the police station was almost double the legal limit. We pointed out the Crown certainly weaknesses in their case against our client. We also advised them of client’s good background and reputation as well as the steps she had taken to address her alcohol issues. We suggested that the Crown accept a plea to a Motor Vehicle Act offence and drop the criminal charges. They agreed. RESULT: No Criminal Record, No driving prohibition.
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.