Our client was pulled over by the police after making an illegal left hand turn. His license had been suspended 7 years earlier and, due to his bad driving record, he was facing a sentence of 14 days in jail and a further 1 year driving prohibition. After we pointed out to the Crown a potential technical defence to the charge as well as our client’s good work history and efforts to remain crime free over the past 5 years, the Crown agreed with our suggestion to accept a guilty plea to Driving Without a License. RESULT: $500 fine, no jail, no driving prohibition
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.