Our client was caught driving while prohibited. He has a lengthy criminal record and an even longer driving record. We pointed out to the Crown some of the weaknesses in the Crown’s case and the steps our client had recently taken towards rehabilitation. The Crown agreed to allow our client to plead guilty to the lesser included offence of Driving Without a License in order that he could still drive for work purposes. RESULT: Plea to Motor Vehicle Offence. No Criminal Conviction, no automatic driving prohibition.
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.