Our client was arrested after the complained called police claiming that our client had said, “I’m the devil and I’m going to kill you”. He then grabbed her around the throat and squeezed hard enough to frighten her deeply. When he was arrested he told the police that he would kill the complainant. He then told the officer that he could kill the officer’s parents. Needless to say, the police seized all of our client’s firearms. He hired a lawyer, but was not satisfied with the service he was receiving. When we were hired, we adjourned the case so that our client could complete counselling. We then approached the Crown with a suggestion to resolve the case by way of Peace Bond. While initially reluctant, they eventually agreed. RESULT: Peace Bond for 9 months, No criminal conviction
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.