Our client was charged with Assault and Uttering Threats after his girlfriend called police alleging that our client slammed her into a wall, slapped her face cutting the side of her nose, grabbed her, pushed into the corner and threatened to kill her if she called police. We had our client attend for counselling and pointed out to the Crown that any criminal conviction would cost our client his job and his financial support for the complainant. We suggested the Crown resolve the file by way of a Peace Bond. They agreed. RESULT: 12 month Peace Bond, No criminal record or conviction
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.