Our client was charged with assault when the complainant called 911 complaining that our client threatened to punch her, slapped her, grabbed her and tried to throw her to the ground. We advised our client to begin counselling to address the issues of concern to the Crown. Once he did that we got a letter from the counsellor and approached the Crown to drop the charges. They did not agree for a time, but eventually accepted our submission. RESULT: Charges dropped, no trial, no record.
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.