A 14 year old with 3 other friends knocked on our client’s door and then ran away as a joke. Our client chased after them with a machete and bear spray. He caught them, bear spayed the 14 year old and broke his leg. Our client has a criminal record that is four pages long including prior B&E’s, assault and drug trafficking. As there was no defence to the charge, we provided the Crown and ultimately the Court with reference letters and convinced the court to not send our client to jail. RESULT: 9 month conditional sentence, no actual jail time.
- Can I Cross The US Border With A Criminal Record: know your rights in a volatile environment
- B.C Drunk Driving At Lowest Rate in a Decade
- The Canadian Bar Association Finds B.C Courts Lagging Behind
- Violent Crime Statistics in British Columbia: is it safe to live in BC now?
- Drug Overdoses Have Reached an All-time High in B.C.